Traditional Ukrainian carrot salad with mayo. Small side dish, for those who are not afraid of garlic – healthy, tasty and easy to make. Why not to try it next time with your toast or Sunday lunch?
Cost: £10 / Time: 15 min / Serves: 2 / Total calories: 200 / Contains: Nuts
Peeler, knife, fine grater, garlic press, cutting board, bowl, spoon
Peel the carrots, grate them into bowl, press in one medium-sized garlic clove, add chopped/crushed walnuts, mix it all up with Mayo. And voilà your salad is ready. Easy as that!
(Salt & black pepper – optional)
Cold, as a garnish with meal, or as a side with your sandwich. Decorate with parsley leafs.
- after you grate the carrots there can be too much juice in it, which will make the salad runny/watery – Drain & drink it’s a healthy shot!
- great as a garnish of any meat and potatoes or rice
- for a healthier and lighter option use a Natural yogurt
- Carrot is good for your eyes! Is it?
- How to get rid of the Garlic odor
- Classic mayo 3 tbsp = 100kcal
- Natural yogurt 3 tbsp = 40kcal
- Vegan mayo 3 tbsp = 300kcal
Carrot salad with a lots of mayo, as a garnish with some crispy roast chicken & boiled potatoes.
Carrot mayo salad, peeler, knife, fine grater, garlic press, bowl, spoon