I love small city-breaks. I had a great pleasure of spending end of November weekend in Dublin & fell in love with this city. Dublin the capital of Republic of Ireland. Check out a few Dublin quick tips!
Lately I enjoy easy travelling. No stress, no hunt for museums & sightseeing madness. Just walking around, absorbing the atmosphere, enjoying day out & my self. Have a look on some tips on the end of this post & make sure you don’t miss something super cool just around the corner :)
Dublin before Xmas
Stunning Xmas atmosphere & streets full of friendly fun-loving people… positive vibes, delicious food & (O’Neills) bar on every corner. Irish music everywhere, people dancing on the streets & in pubs (not nasty drunk) – the atmosphere just drives you in! Be sure you gonna have a fun night! Good shopping too, so no worries girls :). Dublin is simply the best idea for a short city-break.
Did you know?
- Dublin or “Dubh Linn” is an Old Irish Gaelic phrase that translates to “Black Pool”
- Dublin was founded by Vikings, who settled in what they called the “Norse Kingdom of Dublin” in the 9th century
- Dublin’s famous Trinity College is proud of many celebrated graduates – Oscar Wilde, Jonathan Swift & Bram Stoker (author of Dracula)
- Dublin’s oldest known pub is the Brazen Head, established in 1198 AD as a coach house
- Dublin population is around 530 000
Points below explain why its such a happy party city :)
- Dublin has the youngest population in all of Europe. Approximately 50% of the population is less than 25-years of age
- The City of Dublin contains around 700 licensed pubs & the legal drinking age is 18!
- There are 10-million pints of Guinness produced daily in Dublin
Well the typical English weather :) Grey, rainy, wet & windy. Temperatures during a year from 0 to 20. So forget about flip-flops :)
Simply amazing everywhere. From the hotel kitchen to through pub meals to a steak house. Delicious steaks, huge variety of beers & whiskey. So forget about your healthy diet – enjoy mouthwatering delights! BTW I have never seen such a long beer list, in my life, but still I stick with whiskey :)
While walking around I discovered this amazing street exhibition – Merrion Square Park, open-air art exhibition. Free all year open-air weekend art exhibition 10:00am to 6:00pm. So if you are looking for original present or souvenir from Dublin – this is the best place. I got some cool art souvenirs for my self, from this great friendly artist Peadar Sheerin. Peadar is descended from a tribe of Celts who ventured out onto the wild North Atlantic Ocean in currachs (native canoes). “Tis” character is based on a Siamese kitten called Twiggy. Follow him on Twitter – @myTisArt OR visit his TisArt website.
“Our Mission is to make you LOL.” – Peadar Sheerin, TisArt author, painter, artist
Funny quotes where decorating walls of restaurants & bars. Fun loving people :D Love it!
Small souvenirs from Dublin – town of music, whiskey & shamrocks. The brand Mutefish was playing in the rain on one of the Dublin streets. Check them out! Positive, energetic & unique performance.
Mutefish – 360 Hangovers
MUTEFISH are culturally diverse six piece band from Ireland, Poland, Lithuania, Portugal & Ukraine (Yeeeey!). They fuse the musical sounds and cultures of Eastern Europe with traditional Irish influences resulting in an engaging melodic compilation of tracks. Each band member brings their distinct musical backgrounds & tastes giving them their unique sound which makes it difficult to label their style or genre… Source from their web.
Irish (Gaeilge), is a Goidelic language of the Indo-European language family, originating in Ireland & historically spoken by the Irish people as a first or second language, together with English. They have some incredible slang terms & phrases :D Choose your favourite:
- D’yaknowhwatimeanlike – Do you know what I mean?
- Rod Polisher – A woman who is sexually active
- Wouldn’t Get A Ride N A Brothel – Couldn’t get anyone to have sex with
- n Aul One Closing Is As Good As A Young One Opening – An older woman who hasn’t had sex in years is as a young virgin
- Whatcha Goin Mad For? – Used to irritate someone who is getting angry
- Bog Off – Go away. Get lost.
Got this kick ass coat from H&M. My official best buy of 2015. Colourful, warm & comfy.
Make your 2016 resolution to visit Dublin! Plan a fun city break to the capital of Ireland this year. There are some pretty cool things to enjoy & do in Dublin. Although Ireland is such a beautiful country, Im sure a longer holidays would be a great adventure!
Dublin quick tips
- Accommodation – Creative team at AllTheRooms has created the article “Where to Stay in Dublin: Best Areas for Airbnb“, where by using unique AllTheRooms’ data, they’ve pulled together a line-up of the top areas that offer the ‘best value for money’ Airbnb accommodations in Dublin. Check it out.
- Sightseeing – Dublin Castle, Trinity College, Science Gallery, Dublin Gardens, Guinness Storehouse, Old Jameson Distillery
- Traditional – St Patrick’s Day 2016 – March 17
- Sport – Plenty of sport bars on every corner
- Food – Delicious seafood at Aqua, Cake Café, Excellent espresso at the Bald Barista, Lunch at Dunne & Crescenzi, Stellar food in Chapter One, Burger at Bobo’s, Stylish dining at Peploe’s, Irish stew at the Porterhouse, Perfect pint at Kehoe’s
- Music – Irish sounds at the Cobblestone, Music at Andrew’s Lane
- Art – Dublin Fringe Festival – September 2016
- Shopping – Loft Market, a New York-style indoor fashion market
Thank you for your time! Hope I inspired you for a trip & see you in Dublin! :) Xxx